Angioplasty: What are the main factors of a successful angioplasty procedure?

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mentorship So Far...

So my mentorship has been going great at Keck Medical Center at USC. I've helped so many patients and nurses and even the doctors. My first day, August 13, was so confusing. I answered phone calls and transferred them to their desired receivers. I discharged a patient who had a open heart surgery and translated in Spanish for two kidney doctors for a patient on dialysis. My schedule is every Tuesday 2-6pm every week and I hope i can get more days and longer shifts. The most interesting thing I've done by far was feed a patient. Vernon McDonald is blind in his right eye and has 20% vision in his left eye. He's had a quadruple heart bypass and has had his feet amputated due to diabetes. As I was feeding him, he talked about his life and how he lived. He was a stove maker in the City of Industry. It was a cool experience because he opened up and was comfortable with me. I feel that comfort is key in this business, that and communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment