Angioplasty: What are the main factors of a successful angioplasty procedure?

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Extra Blog 2

So far the mentorship has been great. I've met a lot of new people and lots of different doctors and nurses. My jobs have changed slightly in that I get to change and clean the patients telemetry meters. Telemetry meters motor for any abnormal heart fluctuation and are defined as v-tack or ventricle tachycardia. Last Tuesday though, I received my mentor, Oralia Aragon NP, and I followed her literally everywhere to check on patients who had heart problems. She talked me through what they do and different jobs she has then at the end of the day, she had me look at angiograms and spot the clots and legions. It was really easy yet very hard since your looking at a screen of a heart in an x-ray with dye going through the heart'veins looking for clots. The difficulty is that the veins are less then a centimeter thick and the clots are white while the vein is black. Sounds easy, right? Try looking for them as the heart beats at abnormally fast rates, trying to get blood evenly throughout the heart. It was challenging but I loved it. The cool thing is that I saw the results and diagnostics of the angiogram with all of the locations of the clots and I was completely right. Cant wait for next Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment