Angioplasty: What are the main factors of a successful angioplasty procedure?

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog 5 Project Reflection and Working EQ

The Pentagon:
1. The most positive and self fulfilling thing I've done so far is secure a position as a volunteer at Keck Medical Center of USC. I get to work hand in hand with nurses and doctors creating a great environment for the development of my topic and EQ.

EQ Content:
2. My first interview was with a nurse practitioner who knew a lot about the field of cardiology. A tip she gave me was that cardiology is not just one thing. It involves the whole body so focusing on cardiology is too vague and that i should get specific by either looking for a certain common procedure. I thought that would be very interesting so now I'm looking into surgical procedures in cardiology. 
3. I think the thing that has worked so far in my senior project would be my volunteering at Keck Medical. I have the possible opportunity to get a very helpful mentor.
4. I think the thing that hasn't worked so far would be the deciding of how to create my true topic and finding research and things as specific as, for example, angioplasty.

Finding Value:
-What makes a angioplasty surgery go successful?
-I plan on finding a mentor and having them teach me the basics of angioplasty and hopefully allow me to do sit ins during surgeries. I don't have a mentor but I've been talking to the nurse practitioner of the cardiology department, Orelia  Aurora, to help me find a mentor. It will most likely be a resident.

No comments:

Post a Comment