Angioplasty: What are the main factors of a successful angioplasty procedure?

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Blog 20: Exit Interview

1. "What factor is most significant in a successful angioplasty procedure?" and my answers are technique, medication, and lifestyle. My best answer would have to be technique because with angioplasty, judgments need to be made immediately on where things need to be opened and where things need other instruments such as stents or even lasers. This comes from years of training and it really matters how the doctor maneuvers through the body without causing more damage than there already is.
2. I went every Tuesday to Keck Hospital at USC and spent 4 hours every session with my mentor, Oralia Aragon NP, learning the principals of angioplasty. When i confronted her with my EQ, we derived answers from what she had been showing me and we concluded that all the answers were important in there on way but if in a perfect world everything went right, meaning the patient started living healthy and regularly took their medication than technique would be the most important.
3.I faced problems when it came down to research. After the 30-40 article, everything began to seem repetitive and useless. What helped resolved it was the ESA. Using the Bronco ID given to us by Mrs. Pittman, I was able to find hard facts and statistics to back up my claims and expand on what i already knew.
4.My primary source would have to be my numerous private intervews with Dr. Shavelle and Oralia Aragon. They helped me understand angioplasty more clearly and more in depth than just an average procedure. My secondary source would have to be Essential Angioplasty by E. von Schmilowski. It was a book literally on angioplasty, from the procedure and types techniques to the complications and medications.

No comments:

Post a Comment